Anne Boden being interviewed on Radio 4 now

Sat in my car eating lunch and Anne’s just popped up on Radio 4.

You and yours?

Yes, that’s it. Finished now, only on for about 5 minutes.

Was there any reference to that “something very special coming in October, or possibly before, for our personal account customers” as previously stated by Starling in the #askstarling or other interview.

I know it’s not the end of October yet so they have another few days to roll it out, but the way it was told, this special something was imminent.

1 Like

Credit card would be good.

Nothing new, just general chat on Anne’s background, branchless banking, PO deposits, etc.

1 Like

What was your lunch?

Cheese and ham sandwiches, homemade :+1:t2:

I have to ask - cheese with ham or separate?

It’s important…:slightly_smiling_face:

(It’s also a slow evening…:roll_eyes:).

2 Likes

Criminal - was expecting at least a KFC boneless banquet.

1 Like

Cheese and ham combination in between the same slices of bread.

That’s the one :grinning:

I listened to this interview on BBC Sounds. It was a bit disappointing that they couldn’t really get past the question “but all you have is a phone, what do you do if something goes wrong?”!

It didn’t give Anne much of a chance to explain the benefits of Starling, but I thought she made a very valid point that most people already primarily interact with their banks via apps anyway, and you could phone up Starling if you needed to.

I suppose this is a bit of a glimpse of the wary attitude most have to Fintechs, compared to the attitude enthusiasts like us have!

2 Likes