Buying sofas

Where can you buy reasonably priced, durable sofas?

Years ago, when money was tighter, we bought ours from dfs, but now it’s time to redo the living room. The dfs sofa obviously didn’t age too well (though I honestly think it was OK for the price), so we are looking for something more durable, yet not too expensive.

Any recommendations?

SCS
Next

Only two I can think of

1 Like

We have just ordered a new one from Sofology good price just waiting for it to be delivered

1 Like

You’re in luck, I’ve just heard there’s a sale on.

2 Likes

Our current sofa is from Sofology… it’s alright… would prob go to DFS next time… John Lewis maybe?

1 Like

HURRY!!! The DFS sale ends on Tuesday evening, and only starts again on Wednesday morning! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Aren’t they the same thing these days? I presumed they were one and the same but pethaps they’ve kept them separate?

I’ve had some really good bargains from Heals over the years. You have to keep an eye out online for sales/offers so not really a ‘i’ll just peruse and buy’ job unless you want to pay full price, but I’ve managed to get some really premium quality sofas for top end DFS sort of prices. Often they’re the original designs that DFS and the like just vaguely copy and remake out of chipboard anyway, so not too design led for a normal house, but better quality.

1 Like

No idea… at least DFS have kept the same name for more than a year… wasn’t CSL, Sofa somethig… then sofology…

1 Like

I seem to remember that was DFS’s fault anyway. They own… Sofa Workshop i think it is, and brought a trademark suit against CSL who had just renamed to… SofaWorks? and forced a name change. Ironic that they then bought them.

I really know too much about sofa retailers…

1 Like

Dunno… I just remember the sofology guy following us round proclaiming that they didn’t get comission on sales so there was no pressure…

Yet he followed us round…

1 Like

Went to scs this time. Our dfs one looked ok even after 5 years but had a warped frame so had an annoying rock :joy:

A tip with scs, order online with Quidco or topcashback. The salesman in-store wouldn’t budge on price so I got about £120 cashback this way

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Really appreciate all the pointers so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Durable and reasonably priced? What do we mean by reasonable?

That’s a really good question. I think our budget is around 1.5k for a corner sofa.

I thought corner sofas were very 90s :laughing:

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like