Curve Metal and Black v2 have Launched

You get that Curve’s benefit is just the ability to pay to access a lounge? They offer a discount like Groupon, not free access like Amex.

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #63

I picked N26

I think N26 probably has the better package out of all of them to be honest, if they change the insurance to be worth it’s weight anyways.

Even better if they take my suggestion to link a space for all foreign currency transactions.

Not sure I see the benefits of any of them… they suck as packaged accounts. I like the idea of a metal card, but these European cards are half metal / half plastic, and I realise that with chip & pin, contactless and Apple Pay, only twice this month has anyone but myself handled my own card. If you’re after the wow factor, I’m better off using a regular card & attaching a crisp fiver to it, would come out ahead :joy:

(Dan Mullen) #66

Nationwide’s packaged bank account is by far the best deal IMHO. The family mobile cover is incredible - ALL mobiles in your household covered.

Curve’s LoungeKey deal is very poor. It still costs you to access the lounge.

(Liam) split this topic #67

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Curve Lose Amex… AGAIN!

So, three days (edit: actually, 2 days: sent 23.30 yesterday…) later I get the official acknowledgement of my complaint. I won’t reproduce it in full, because its fairly standard and boring, but Curve wouldn’t be Curve if there wasn’t some screw up in there:

In accordance with our complaints procedure and regulatory guidelines we have 15 business days from the date we receive your complaint in which to issue a final response, we will therefore investigate your concerns and write to you no later than the 18th of February, with our findings or with an update on the progress of the investigation.

I have attached a copy of our Complaints Procedure leaflet for your information, but should you have any queries please contact me.

There is nothing attached to the email or the in-app ticket at all. I know it’s a simple mistake that we’ve probably all made at some stage. But with Curve those simple mistakes just pile up …

They really have no idea.

Good for a customer, but factually incorrect.

It’s 8 weeks for a final response not 15 days, they are getting confused with the complaints policy not regulatory guidelines.

They need to be careful with things like that, its agaisnt FCA registration not to clearly spell out the obligations and that includes the 8 week deadline. https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/DISP/1/6.html

Only a minor point, but proof again of issues with Curve. As a regulated company things like that need to be known and explained to customers.

Yeah, I thought so, but wasn’t sure enough to make this comment…

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #72

I got exactly the same email and also no attachment

So, I got the response to my complaint today. My main take aways:

• In their view, their existing privacy policy allowed sharing of my data with AXA
  • If I don’t wish to have AXA insurance I can either cancel my account or downgrade.
  • Apparently (and interestingly) I can only downgrade to legacy black from 28th April. If I don’t want to have insurance cover now, I need to either downgrade to blue, or close my account.
  • There is no greeting at all at the end of the email.
  • There is one really glaring error in that reply: “You have also agreed to the terms of our Privacy Policy that, version dated July, 2019” I mean, come on guys?! Their current privacy policy is dated Feb 2018, so I’m really not sure which version this relates to. (Jul 2017, maybe)

I’m not entirely sure what to do, but thought it might interest some fellow readers here…

Full text of the email I received (redacted where indicated)

Dear [redacted],

Your complaint about [redacted] Debit MasterCard®.

I refer to our email dated the 30th of January regarding your Curve card.

I would firstly like to offer my apologies that you were put to the trouble of contacting us regarding your complaint.

I would like to clarify the situation in respect of your complaint, as follows:

On the 28th of January, you got in touch with Curve requesting confirmation if your personal details had been passed on AXA in order to provide you insurance. You also raised a complaint stating the following:

• That you were moved to Curve Black subscription without your consent;
  • That Curve issued AXA insurance to you without obtaining your specific consent;
  • That you did not consent to your data being shared with AXA, insurance provider;
  • That you were not provided any information about your AXA insurance that was provided to you.

I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and enabling us to take remedial action. I would like to offer the following as a resolution to your complaint:

We investigated these matters for you and can confirm that you were moved to the new Curve subscription model as of January 28, 2019. You have been provided a three month free trial period as part of the notice to be provided. You have not been charged for any of the additional services being provided under the Curve Black services. We can also confirm that will not take any payment for the Curve Black subscription without your consent and you will receive a notification the trial period expires. In case you do not agree to the changes to the terms of service and moving to the subscription plan you have the ability to cancel your account without any charge before the 29th of March, 2019.

You have also agreed to the terms of our Privacy Policy that, version dated July, 2019 that states in Section 10: “We may provide you integrations with third-party providers and we may share your personal data with them to provide you these services.”

As per this, Curve provided your Identity details to AXA in order to create an AXA insurance policy which is part of the Curve Black services from the 28th of January, 2019.

In resolution to your complaint, if you would not like to have any insurance services, we can offer to either move to the Curve Black Legacy services from the 28th of April, 2019 or we can offer to downgrade you to Curve Blue.

We are committed to ensuring all complaints are fully and fairly addressed and I hope this response adequately addresses your concerns.

If you feel you have additional information to support your complaint, let us know as we would welcome the opportunity to reinvestigate your concerns.

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this email.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances

The Ombudsman’s contact details are:

Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123

Or you can visit their website http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm for more information.

They have answered all your concerns, if you did agree to Section 10, then they have your permission to give the information to AXA.

They have offered you a solution i.e to downgrade your account to remove the extra features.

You are not financially worse off, you have no bad affects from Curve’s actions.

It definitely will not be a Ombudsman case. They will deem the reply to be ‘fair and reasonable in the individual circumstances of each case’

Unless I’m living in a time warp, we’ve not even reached July 2019 yet?!

Fully agree. When I was wondering what to do I was wondering about whether to downgrade to blue, close the account, or wait till April to downgrade to legacy black.

(Dan) #77

Slightly off topic - but still Curve; have people had problems using it with HMRC? I’m just trying a test payment of £1 and it’s giving me an error… HMRC seems to tell me to check my address - I wonder if it’s stored incorrectly with Curve?

If Curve actually solves some problems or gives advantage then keep it. Otherwise get rid of it. I don’t have that many cards that I need or even feel that I need Curve to bring order into my life. I see it as a solution waiting for a problem.

I don’t use Curve it offers me no benefit, so I can’t see a benefit personally, most people only use 2 or 3 cards, carrying 2 or 3 cards doesn’t really seem a hassle to me.

However if you use Curve and like curve, then it makes sense to keep it and downgrade to the legacy black as you get more benefits.

If you don’t really use Curve and considering how they act, then bin them.

I used to use them a lot. But now only use it once every blue moon, so I think I may close it altogether…

(Dotun) #81

https://community.curve.app/t/potential-metal-black-new-feature-an-improved-curve-cashback/4533

…boom. And just like that, there’s at least a reason for us to use Curve again.

EDIT: Though, I’m from the old rewards program. :frowning:

Their rewards programs are a complete mess.