Curve Metal and Black v2 have Launched

Why am I not surprised …

(Derpa Derp) #124

I used to use it and now I don’t so I just leave the card in a drawer.

I see no issue in leaving account open

So, I got this reply today

We can confirm that you will receive decline notifications if someone tries to use your old Curve card. This has been designed as a security feature to protect your card from fraud and misuse.

What nonsense…

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #126

They really are useless.

Discovered they haven’t actually closed my account down. All they’ve done is add VOIDVOID to front and end of email address on my account, as if that can stop me logging in

Yep, I’m pretty sure they’ve done the same with me.

Can you tell me the precise pattern they used? I’ll try to see if I can open a Gmail account with that pattern. If I then manage to log in, they’ll be in really deep trouble!

(Adrian) #128

If I’m understanding what @thefifthrace said correctly you’ll have trouble with the .comVOIDVOID tld

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #129

What I am saying is that it appears they don’t close the old account, they simply change the email address to something else you cannot log in with

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #130

I wish I could. I’m really annoyed at myself as I thought I had a pasted it into a notes file but I don’t think I did

Well, it’s possible - if you have about 200k USD in cash…

Have you done a data subject access request?

Just report them to the ICO for not closing your account

Yeah. I think I’m going to do that. I’m just being fed up with this back and forth. It really shouldn’t be that difficult to close an account.

And then what? The ico never does anything…

Contact media and hope they draw the attention to it then, I guess.

Not my style :slight_smile:

Not closing your account correctly would come under Financial Ombudsmen Service remit.

Curve would fail under the ‘being treated fairly’ obligation it has to abide by as a regulated firm.

Both still getting notifications when your account is closed and the not actually closing your account by just changing an email, both fail FCA and PRA rules, so would be something the FOS can decide on.

If you go to the FOS they have an arrangement with the ICO that will automatically deal with any ICO breach.

I might try this, then. The problem is that it’s gonna be very difficult to prove they didn’t actually close the account…

The basis of your complaint doesn’t need to have proof, however you do need to have allowed curve the option to solve your complaint satisfactory.

You already have Curve admitting to you they closed the account incorrectly.

Curve will have evidence of the rejected transaction, which they will need to explain, and you have said they told you its normal to get notifications.

So you actually have enough evidence for the FOS to look into it.

However like I say the only real way to get FOS to deal is by giving Curve the option to solve your complaint, although it looks like you are getting no where with them, in that case FOS is the solution.

Even if the FOS don’t side with you, or don’t do anything, its a log, its a record, they pass that information to other bodies, like the FCA and PRA, so the information is shared.

(l8n.me) #140

This is up there with that bloke on the Monzo forum who told the Crowdcube woman they needed to get their act together, and I quote

before the national press get wind of this

Because, yeah, the national press are currently dealing with so little news of national importance they’re sitting there wondering what’s happening with that hot story of Crowdcube wanting to change the terms for a few small time monzo crowdfunders.

“STOP THE PRESSES, DUMP THAT STORY OF THE ENTIRE COUNTRY GOING TO SHEET THANKS TO THERESA MAY, DAVE FROM RUNCORN’S £21 WORTH OF MONZO SHARES MAY HAVE THEIR T&C’S SLIGHTLY ALTERED, THIS IS WHY I GOT INTO JOURNALISM! EDWARD R MURROW, EAT YOUR LONG DEAD HEART OUT AT THIS EXCLUSIVE!”

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

(Dan Mullen) #141

The ICO does follow up complaints - I’ve personally responded to them recently. That said, as @daedal stated, this is more a FOS matter. Where the ICO would come in is if you exercised your “right to be forgotten” and they’ve failed to do that. (Note, they aren’t obliged to erase any information where they have a legal or regulatory requirement to hold onto it. That’s probably why they are anonymising contact details rather than deleting them.)

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #142

My concern would be that changing me@myemail.com to ##void##voidme@myemail.com##void##void is not exactly annonymising data