Does Starling work on iOS 14?

Has anyone yet tried iOS 14 to see if the Starling App works? My only fear of the beta software is that I get locked out of my bank account!

1 Like

No doesn’t work yet.

1 Like

Also confirm it doesn’t work, crashes on launch, no issue with Monzo or Revolut so hopefully starling fixes the issue

3 Likes

Not a good idea to run early betas on your daily driver. BTDTGTTS - never again :slight_smile:

Oh sure, but it’s fun though :astonished:

You guys all have developer accounts or is there a way to get it regardless? :eyes:

Yes. ‘Beta profiles’. Apple doesn’t seem to mind, but I’m not sure on the rules around what may be technically breaking terms and conditions so I’m sure you can google it.

I think you only have access, if had paid for an Apple Developer. Public betas should arrive next month, so then every one has access to it then

1 Like

Thanks for this!
I’ve withdrawn all my funds to Starling for direct debits for the next 15 days, I’ll now install it. Worst case, I’ll use Starling on my iPad.

1 Like

I usually do this every year, but this year I’m skipping. New iOS versions are like having a scab, you know you shouldn’t pick it but you just can’t help yourself. I’ve learnt now that without doubt, they will not work correctly and it’s not worth the hassle in restoring the whole OS from scratch. They are not intended for public release, and I’m not a developer.

4 Likes

Same, I thought I learnt my lesson from iOS 13 but here I am again on iOS 14 :joy:

2 Likes

Which, if any, of the public beta releases do you think are generally stable enough to be used on a main iPhone? Last year I updated to one of the later public betas on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook and, as far as I can remember, there weren’t any significant issues. I think I’m going to struggle to hold out until September after watching the WWDC keynote - I’ve been waiting for the new incoming call UI for years!

If you’ve been waiting all these years, surely you can wait just another 10 to 12 weeks for the proper release? :joy:

I know I’m risk-averse with my phone. I want it to work. In fact I need it to work. And while I like new shiny things, it’s a lot of faffing around if things and apps don’t work.

2 Likes

I’d accrued a full year’s Apple Watch rings and the whole year had every ring closed every day. I installed iOS 13 beta and it went wrong and reverting to the older iOS wiped the whole years work in one could swoop. I was devastated. I was up exercising some mornings at 5am making sure I closed the rings before a long day’s work and even at the weekends with hangovers. It was obsessive. Devastated wasn’t the word for it!!!

2 Likes

THIS. Been there, done that, got the reinstall T-shirt.

1 Like

there was a update yesterday which did not resolve the issue however i have today spoken with starling and they confirm the ios 14 update is on its way and will be out shortly.

5 Likes

It now works with version 1.45.0

4 Likes

Hi do you have a link to the new update?

The App Store lol

1 Like