Happy new logo?

I’m not imagining this, right? This is a new logo?

Not only the change to mixed case wording on their name, but the weird ‘switch’ knock-off icon has has a little work, no?

1 Like

Nope, you’re not imagining it.

2 Likes

Yes, the S in the logo is fatter compared to my app icon.

1 Like

I wonder if they plan to use that font in the app in place of the existing one?

Does it make the app or the account work any differently? :man_shrugging:

Reminds me when BT, and I think the BBC, went through a logo change, for the hell of it :rofl:

1 Like

I preferred the old font. Seems like a marketing rebranding exercise that just wasn’t necessary!

5 Likes

I actually wasn’t a fan of the old font. Found it a bit too different and too wide, often meaning less characters could display per line, compared with the system font. Pretty sure the new typeface will come to the app, unless they plan to just revert to the native system font. I’d welcome either.

I’m pretty sure that Starling used Roboto in the app on android, once upon a time. Wasn’t a fan.

I’d installed it on my works iphone and saw that they’d managed to bring their corporate typeface with them - which I preferred to Roboto.

Interesting. Can’t speak for Roboto as I’m on iOS, but these days an app needs to have a very good reason (or solid brand typeface) to not use San Francisco on iOS.

2 Likes

Logo updated today. Can’t see many changes inside the app.

1 Like

My app has updated too.

I have to say, I really don’t like it and, for some reason, it feels very Android and doesn’t seem right on iOS.

I quite like it. Stands out more on my home screen. Wonder if they’ll change typography in-app at some point?

I have to admit, I’m not in the slightest bit bothered by the reboot of the logo. I just can’t get excited about stuff like that, I mean, it doesn’t really make any difference, does it?

Same with style of debit card. Yes, I like non embossed cards, but I really couldn’t give a rats arse about what colour the card is, or whether it’s made out of recycled coffee granules or dessicated dead mice. I’m such a bore :rofl:

1 Like

Whaaaat !!

(I understand you don’t care, but… they’re not, are they :flushed:?)

2 Likes

Fair enough, I don’t really care that much, but I do have an opinion on the better of two options even though I recognise it doesn’t really matter?

I hope that makes sense.

Sounds like a very RBS material. Though, quite sustainable, so possibly not.

1 Like

Whatever happened to Fred Goodwin? Hiding in some mansion, I presume…