Help me find a wallet 🙏

As I said, I didn’t have a single issue in two weeks. I literally took no cash and withdrew none. I visited various stores/bars/restaurants and travelled on subway and cabs…all cashless. Cash is dying :grin:

(Don't Bullshirt Me, I know what the Fork is going on here!) #22

I rarely carry cash in Germany. I also haven’t ever been in a situation where only Maestro was acceptable for cards… that said all my friends in Germany mainly use cash, same as when I visit Texas

There’s some there, I promise :joy:

That’s just how it goes in a mainly cash country :joy:

Oh I’m aware a lot of people are still carrying cash, I just think there really is no need to these days unless your visiting really remote parts of the world or some small village pubs etc in the UK I know still don’t take cash. In fact I have one friend who legitimately gets offended that I don’t carry cash when we are out for a meal etc. I now do it more to wind him up of course :joy:

Well that depends how you definite “mainly” cash. If you talk about acceptance I think it is very rare to find places that don’t take cards. If your talking about public use, that’s another story. But that’s their choice, not because the world necessarily demands it any more.

(Andy) #26

I agree, I go to Japan for a couple of weeks every few months and spend hardly any cash. It’s a complete myth that they are a cash only society, and I have not understood the insistence that it is since I started going there in 2015.
Cards and Suica cover pretty much anything. And now that Suica can be put in an iPhone wallet and topped up with ApplePay there is no need to even have cash for that.
I think I last took out ¥30,000 (a shade over £200) three trips ago and still have about ¥15,000 left.