Hint at new card colours?

This is what I don’t get about the Monzo card. Sure I get having it as part of a premium package but if you are paying separately for just the card does it really make you a premium customer?

1 Like

I think the thing with metal cards is, it’s no different from someone choosing to spend their money on expensive trainers, jewellery, etc. Some people will argue its a waste of money/vulgar/ostentatious while others will like/enjoy it. It’s just about giving people the option as to whether or not they value them enough to spend their money on them, and if they do that’s fine, if they don’t that’s fine also. There’s no right answer.

3 Likes

Absolutely, my problem is the excuses people use to get it, ie it lasts longer, it fits my wallet better and so on. Its a luxury item, let’s not pretend it’s anything else.

Starling have confirmed the hints are not about metal though, so maybe differenct current account colour cards is what they was implying.

3 Likes

Yup, agree @daedal! :laughing:

Perhaps the gold card could be a EUR one actually, as the symbol of the euro is normally yellow or goldfish

Yellow

On a side note, I’ve never understood why “euro” got accepted as the official plural in English. Utter madness

Check the [1]

They’ve said a number of times (including recently) that they are working on making the one personal debit card work for both GBP and EUR accounts.

I actually gave them a suggestion on that recently… that in theory would have one card act as both a local card