HSBC instant notifications enabled

Hi,
Instant Notifications within the HSBC Mobile banking app were enabled for me last night -
I sent a couple of payments into my account but disappointingly I didn’t get any notifications. Maybe it takes some time.
Anyone else have the same?

2 Likes

Hardly instant if you don’t get any lol.

It should be something all banks do eventually, no reason not to.

3 Likes

Agreed, but just wondering if others received the same experience. Maybe it takes a while to filter through their systems.

1 Like

…and still no cheque imaging for First Direct. Has HSCB forgotten that First Direct was supposed to be the modern, new and different bank? It’s like they got a new CEO and someone forgot to tell him that’s FD exists.

3 Likes

Notification Preferences ? Where?!
first direct got pending transactions, HSBC not :)))

1 Like

When I opened the HSBC app last night I had a new bell :bell: icon in the top left - and a new screen telling me all about instant notifications and did I want to turn them on for my accounts - I forgot to take screen shots.
After I confirmed it said I’m ready to go and I’ll now receive instant notifications.
The notifications settings can now ve found under the more section.

So are these instant notifications in-app or sent to your phone?

They are apparently sent to my phone as instructions at the start said they’ll be received on lock screen etc etc
(Just really annoyed now I didn’t capture all the info last night)

1 Like

Did you allow the app to actually send notifications to the system?

Nothing in my app:)

1 Like

Yes it’s turned on for both my current and savings account and I had to allow this on the initial screen when I opened the HSBC app last night

There wasn’t even an app update - I just had to login again and the notification messages were there

2 Likes

Strange. I can’t see any push notification options in my HSBC app.

1 Like

Could be A/B testing so they can see if their systems can take the load or not

2 Likes

You’re probably right. And knowing how slowly HSBC implement new features to their app, it probably won’t be a good few months until it’s properly released.

2 Likes

Looks like it is A/B testing with probably a very small number in the enabled group as part of a trial.

I’m not seeing it either @Lonford.

1 Like

Hi, here are some examples of the notifications.
For 7 days I could only receive notifications for card transactions whilst HSBC enabled notifications for money coming in and going out of my accounts.

2 Likes

Wow, if HSBC add instant card transaction notifications I would be very impressed. Especially since they can’t even show pending card transactions in the app at the moment :frowning:

I believe the closest to this from any other legacy bank are notifications for transfers in and out of the account (which has been around for all Lloyds Group customers for a while now), but not for card purchases.

Yes I was impressed with the instant notifications. In effect pending transactions appear in the new notifications section.
I wouldn’t be surprised if pending transactions start to appear in the transaction feed in the near future.

1 Like

So they are instant? You can check those transactions in app as well?
As I have to card pending transactions… have to wait 2-5 days…