Is Revolut [bad]?

I heard they are not nice :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::confused:

Was that a rhetorical question?

What’s rhetorical :tipping_hand_man::tipping_hand_man::tipping_hand_man::tipping_hand_man:

I know now. Not it isn’t

Perhaps you could articulate on what metric you are assigning the label ‘shit’?

Are we talking about corporate governance? Employee relations? Revenue making regime.

A question like ‘is revolut shit?’ just seems a bit on the basic side.

4 Likes

Sorry I’m not good with words sometimes. Their social media guy is a ■■■■ and their CEO BULLIES STAFF I THINK :tada::tada::tada:

I don’t work for revolut so can’t coment on the boss, however people slagging of their boss is hardly something limited to revolut and half the time it’s just nonsense.

1 Like

Well, we don’t make personal attacks against individuals here, so I would ask you refrain from calling people names (even if they are caught by the site’s profanity filter).

Yeah, there are (serious) allegations concerning the company’s internal culture and its relations with staff.

These are being discussed here:

1 Like

I’m more on this train of thought.

It seems like in this day and age, unless you are offering bean bags, meditation subscriptions for free and 150 days annual leave to pursue other interests… You are an evil company with bad ethos.

My guess (and it is just a guess), is that Revolut are more “old school” than others, and have grown tremendously quickly all across Europe, which you can only do through a shed load of long hours and hard work.

Some of the stuff that has come out has been a bit… Different, shall we say. But the Revolut product is great.

2 Likes

I like the product, but I must admit I dislike most things that I hear about what goes on in Revolut towers.

Given the choice, I think I’d much rather work with at a place like Monzo, who seem to be at pains to give the impression that they foster a better working environment, than one who allegedly doesn’t care how many hours you have to work to ‘get shit done’.

But I’m guessing the vast majority of these discussions are about the product, rather than the working environment of the company.

If we delved into any of the companies we used, we’d probably never use anything again.

Apple (and it’s suppliers)? Google (very recently in the news about it’s poor working practices), and I’m sure the vast majority of other mainstream companies would fit in somewhere.

I’m not saying it’s right necessarily, but it’s a little difficult to shun Revolut for their work ethic whilst supporting (or simply using), stuff from Google and other companies with a chequered past.

If it was purely a convo about “where would you like to work”, then I’m joining Monzo all day long (assuming I don’t need money).

1 Like

Really, would you not spend your whole life facepalminh?

As long as I can facepalm from my Herman Miller Aeron chair, stress free life and meditation - I’d be happy as Larry.

Fair point. I’m certainly a a total hypocrite in that regard.

Avoided Sports Direct for a long time - then started at the gym and found I could kit myself out cheaply… so gain trumps people.

Avoided Amazon for a while but, no wait, I’ve never avoided Amazon.

I’m a horrible person.

1 Like

Still avoiding it… buy my gym gear on Amazon and Adidas outlet :joy:

1 Like

I find Amazon much cheaper for Under Armour stuff - Sports Direct always seems quite expensive for “mainstream” clothing.

To be fair, I literally buy everything for myself online…

1 Like

Decathlon wins out for me everytime for sports gear.

1 Like