Marcus Reopens to new Customers

Marcus has reopened to new customers. Still only paying 0.5% at the moment

1 Like

Judging by the 1 year account being at 0.4%, I’d suggest it’s likely that the easy access account rate will be going down within the next few months.

3 Likes

I moved most of my savings from Marcus to Atom. Now they’re both paying me 0.5% (instant access). At least Atom has a half-decent app. I see that Tandem is now also offering a 0.5% savings account, although no doubt that will drop to 0% plus a monthly fee as soon as they suck in enough savers.

3 Likes

Atom is currently 0.37% AER for instant access savings.

It’ll probably be years in the future that I’ll even consider another savings account. The current interest rates are so pitiful, it’s just not worth my effort if I’m honest.

1 Like

For new customers, yes. I’m still getting 0.5%.

Drops in the rate for existing customers always seem to lag behind a bit, thankfully. If I can get a better rate somewhere else then I’ll probably move again. I have precisely as much loyalty to banks as they have to me.

1 Like

Hardly worth it, really. 42p interest per month per £1000.

3 Likes

I earnt a mahusive 0.14 pence in interest on my Starling current account for January.
I genuinely don’t know why Starling are bothering paying any in credit interest at all, after all, I can’t even buy a Curley Wurley for that :rofl:

1 Like

Who’s selling them ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sherbert Dips? Mint Cracknell? :joy:

2 Likes

Everlasting Strips ? :thinking:

I only bother with crypto interest now, Celsius and Nexo pay north of 8%-12% depending on the ratio of their coin to GBP you hold with them

Bear in mind, no insurance. I hedge my bets by mining BTC which roughly makes me a year of interest (I have £1500 parked with Celsius) in a month and a half

Waitrose are; 6 for £1.30 :yum:

1 Like