Monzo Plus

Guess everyone on that forum that kept going on about Revolut (and then N26 and now Curve) just lost one more argument point.

1 Like

Yeah but the argument that Monzo is just a champion of ideals without any backbone to follow them won’t ever die :thinking: and it’s still the argument that had me close my account with them

2 Likes

I read that blog, nothing in it made me think “can’t wait for that” all very “meh”

5 Likes

Yes, I thought the same.

1 Like

I read it as " we don’t know what to do next"

5 Likes

Looks like they’re trying to give their customers an insight into their pre-development processes to me.

I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with it, I think it’s a great idea. I just wasn’t excited by any of the ideas on the list.

1 Like

Yeah, I get that.

The top few items on their list are more about setting up a new business: i.e. brokering insurance, mortgages and energy switching.

It’s probably what I’d want to see if I were an investor (they need more revenue streams), but, yeah, as customer, none of that will set the world alight.

1 Like

I would agree, but the benefits of it would have to be really attractive. As we know - the benefits through Nationwide on the FlexPlus account are great - I would want that plus lounge access at airports for say £15ish a month.

1 Like

my fear for monzo is their endless plugins of third parties.
The marketplace bank for your data…

3 Likes

All of these things already exist…

1 Like

I didn’t realise that notion was a thing. I must say the messaging is clean, and there’s sufficient in the plan to keep account holders interested.

I do want them, though, to concentrate on finishing one or two basics, notably Payee management.

2 Likes

That was the glaring omission in their app when I used it. It’s bizarre how long it’s taken to implement. Then again, N26 launched without even having any saved payees, so maybe most people don’t care as much as we do?

2 Likes

Yep, I don’t get that - there’s been enough noise from the community. Clearly not enough :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The biggest thing I’d want from this personally is unlimited fee-free withdrawals and free cash deposits. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for in a subscription based service.

1 Like

It isn’t too much to ask from a free service with Starling!

4 Likes

I get that but Monzo for whatever reason don’t want to do that on the standard account.

Therefore, I’m hoping it’ll be a featured on the plus account.

1 Like

I would hate for them to introduce things that you can get for free elsewhere as premium features. Decent insurance products would be good though.

2 Likes

Im fed up reading about banks offering free transfers, free withdrawals etc …for £4.90 per month

5 Likes

Sounds funny… Pay Monzo subscription fee for services you could get for free with Starling?!

4 Likes