NatWest/RBS Roadmap

Don’t think they’ve been posted, but RBS/NatWest list a number of upcoming features that are being worked on. There’s a good number currently listed

Completed:

• :white_check_mark: Spending Insights (Completed Jul?)
  • :white_check_mark: Credit Score Factors (Completed Aug)
  • :white_check_mark: Balance Transfer (Completed Aug)
  • :white_check_mark: Online Transaction Approvals (completed September)
  • :white_check_mark: Manage My Loan
  • :white_check_mark: Payment Limits
  • :white_check_mark: Debit Card Controls (Newly added September)
  • :white_check_mark: Invest Integration (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Video Banking (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Home Screen personalisation (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Marketing Preferences (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Push (Transaction) Notifications (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Credit Cards - View APR in app (Jan)
  • :white_check_mark: Biometric Approval (Mar)

Coming Soon:

• :black_square_button: Pay My Card (Newly added Aug) (disappeared)
  • :black_square_button: Tap to talk feature (not yet publicised)
  • :black_square_button: Credit Card Enhancements (Jan)
  • :black_square_button: Universal Payments
  • :black_square_button: Cheque imaging (not yet published)
4 Likes

A couple of new features are on the roadmap

Debit card controls (similar to card controls that starling offer for example)

And ‘pay my card’ a simplified process for paying your credit card

2 Likes

@moderators any change we could wikify the op so I can’t keep it updated with a proper list?

edit: thanks. updated the op to a simple list

2 Likes

Updated with the latest information

Updated for Decembers RBS/NatWest update

The following fetures were added

• :white_check_mark: Invest Integration (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Video Banking (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Home Screen personalisation (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Marketing Preferences (Dec)
  • :white_check_mark: Push Notifications (Dec)
1 Like

I’m still disappointed that Starling Bank aren’t part of the add another bank account within the RBS app. Whether this is because Starling don’t want to join, I have no idea, but it would be useful.

If Natwest doesn’t yet include Starling in their account aggregation, the following might explain it

2 Likes

Thanks o99, that’s a really useful piece.

I still use Yolt, but I’d just have like to be able to see all of my accounts on one UK based bank account. As my Wife and I will soon be letting our Lloyds joint account go (just one more direct debit left to manually change because we don’t want CASS to do it), then my RBS account would be my chosen account to view my other accounts.

I’ve just added my Nationwide joint and my Lloyds Credit card accounts to my RBS app, but as I stated earlier, it would have been useful to add Starling too, and Amex for that matter, but clearly I now see why I cannot do that.

1 Like

I use Emma, Starling is available through that. But not Marcus

1 Like

Updated with the universal payments and CC enhancements that are in the works.

APR in app is now there

1 Like

From what I can glean from reading some of the Apple iOS RBS App reviews, customers are currently griping about the following:

Remove the dumb photos of random people when one opens the App - I agree, bloody stupid, distracting and totally unnecessary.

Introduce cheque imaging. Somewhat surprised that a major High Street Bank such as RBS haven’t done this in App. Ok, so lots of us don’t use cheques much these days, but useful for those that do need that facility.

Better card controls to equal what Starling have. Again I agree with this, especially needs a separate slider to disable UK ATM withdrawals.

2 Likes

I think an ATM specific one is the only one they’re really missing.

Pictures I don’t care, people will complain for the sake of it.

Cheque imaging I’m surprised they still done have.

The big one for me through is so dumb it deserves its own line.

Statements.

There isn’t any. The app supports credit card statements but not account statements . It’s bizarre :joy:

1 Like

Agreed. That’s about the only thing I use their online banking for, everything else I can do in the app.

1 Like

I will give them credit though, 13 new features or improvements since starting this thread it’s really good. They have been fairly consistent in trying to push out new features into the app

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m completely in the camp of all of those complaining about the pictures. It’s not complaining for the sake of it, there’s just no bloody need for it.

1 Like

I assume the RBS app shows the pictures at launch? They’ve added a pointless animated logo on the NatWest one before it opens.

1 Like

Two animations in fact.

There’s the ‘big cubes’ one that plays underneath the prompt for login, then theres the ‘little cubes’ animation as an interstitial transition as the accounts page loads.

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct. I cannot for the life of me think why they’ve done this. Most people just want an App that works well without any fannying around. Having a bunch of pointless photos of people no one knows invade the start up screen is not providing the ability to view current account statements, nor is it allowing cheque imaging or dare I go there, giving the option of dark mode when viewing the App at night.

1 Like

I have no idea why the RBS app doesn’t have dark mode! NatWest has a really good one, and since they are basically just reskinned versions of each other, surely this feature could be ported over really easily?!

1 Like

It seems it’s “in testing”, so is NatWest only for now. I assume it will come to the other brands fairly soon.

Ulster Bank also have the annoying RBS pictures at launch - so NatWest wins there with only a logo animation. It’s much more professional!

I would also like them to add cheque imaging, and I’m a bit surprised they haven’t prioritised this in the lockdown really.

1 Like