Notifications Intermittent Issue

I wasn’t sure if anybody else was aware. Today, I’ve not received notifications for all transactions. I’ve been in touch with CS, who have told me they’re aware of an issue on IOS of customers not receiving all notifications, and that they’re currently working on a fix.

I got in touch originally, and they sent me the instructions for checking all notifications were enabled, but I’d already got all the options turned on, then that is when they came back and told me a few other customers have been in touch and then me today with the same issue.

I was told they’d send an in app message when it’s fixed.

I had this issue Monday after I updated to iOS 0.94.2

CS said they have had a few calls. They told me to delete and reinstall the app.

Since then I’ve been getting notifications (touch wood).

Edited my first post as I forgot to mention that they’d told me they’d send a message when it’s been fixed.

They did tell me others have been in touch with the same issue, I got in touch today so I’m assuming others got in touch today too for them to be looking at a fix.

I did a reinstall and one transaction didn’t notify but done a couple of transactions since then and instant notifications straight away so looking like all good again at the moment.

1 Like

Mine aren’t working either on iOS.

I’d definitely get on in app chat to CS then if I were you. They’re aware of an issue and the more people who can let them know will no doubt help :slight_smile: .

They asked me what device I’m using and what notifications I am receiving etc so good to chat with them.

Have sent a message to customer services thanks.

All worked fine for me today…

Is this the same Starling app that never fails? :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes that magical app that still hasn’t failed. A miracle of app design :+1::joy:

Not getting a notification isn’t as important so long as I can actually open it up.

Since I’m expecting one I often check the app when they don’t come :slight_smile:

1 Like

No notifications? #firstworldproblems

:stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, I I took that to be a very tongue in cheek reply to diffuse the rather odd snark above, rather than a serious comment worthy of an early morning @anon63276888 essay… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And that is why all your european holidays will be at Maison d’@l8n.me in future. Propa’ briish doovays for propa briiish peypaw. I bought a duvet cover from Carrefour the week I moved as everything was in boxes, the oddest think i’ve ever slept with, and trust me, there are some odd things on that list. Lasted 48 hours before it went in the bottom of the dog bed as an extra blanket. Like trying to sleep with shiny very fine sandpaper against your skin. Very odd.

2 Likes

No app is perfect and all banks have failures at points. It’s how they deal with it and how quickly they re solve it.

1 Like

By failure I mean not being not being to access the app and therefore your account. When you look at service failures starling has zero compared to all other banks which have at least one.

Some people not receiving notifications is not the same thing. I think most people here are using a beta version of ios as well.

I’ve never said starling doesn’t have bugs and all the rest of it but has there been an occasion you haven’t been able to access the app no and that’s what matters.

The government and regulator’s are concerned about service failures.

What happened with monzo where people couldn’t login is an app failure. 12 hour maintenance periods are an app failure.

I don’t see the issue with what I’m saying. I’ve never told anyone that they must be wrong because the starling app is perfect or something. I never comment on threads like this usually.

I’m sorry [Redacted] but everything you’ve said about starling is factually incorrect and that should be pointed out :+1::joy:

To be fair there’s only really one member with that view as far as I can see - whenever it comes up in a topic we usually end up with a number of other members voicing an opposing view, particularly when it comes to card outages.

It’s the nature of a discussion forum, I guess - and as far as I am aware nobody here works for Starling so what we say around cross subsidy of different accounts shouldn’t really be taken as fact by anybody.

1 Like

Still going with that being a curious metric by which to judge things, but each to their own! :smile:

1 Like

Just the same metric the regulator’s use.

Anyone had any notifications not come through today? I got a Business account notification earlier but either side of that I used my Personal card and didn’t receive a notification :thinking:

Yep had one on my lunch purchase.