Payment Implants - New era of payments

Hello Everyone!

Recently I launched a new start-up, Walletmor, which provides individuals with payment implants. My team and I have been working on that project for 2 years now and a few weeks ago we launched the world’s first payment implant.

The implants went through a battery of safety tests, which proved that they are fully bio-safe and secure. What is more, they are globally acceptable and, needless to say, ultimately convenient.

As we are constantly working on enhancing the customer and user experience, I would love to ask you for feedback about our products, website, and the idea in general.

Here is the video that shows the implant works:

Product page: https://walletmor.com/products/walletmor-payment-implant

Of course, in case of any questions or clarification, I am here for you!

2 Likes

For me, it’s an absolute no - but if I might say, you might want to use a different image of your CTO. Nothing personal, but that image feels a tad sinister (lovely chap, though I’m sure he is :blush:).

I mean, if somebody wants to be implanted, then fine. No problem with it being a thing.

Its not for me, however.

I may consider selling a line of shielding gloves.

5 Likes

Again, like most of the others have said this is not for me… I’m more than happy to explain and give feedback on why hoping for some answers and to see if I can help the product progress.

I like the idea of wearable payments more (I like the Pingit band but dislike that my actual bank only sees the cash topped up into my Pingit account and not where it’s spent, I find the Pingit app slow and overall not that great.)

I feel embedding a chip a little too much of a hassle when many things can go wrong; what if the company disbands, closes or changes priorities, fees are upped or introduced, the app becomes unusable or depending on how it works, the card number cloned, stolen or naturally expires? I then have a dead chip still embedded in me!?

I can dispose and easily replace the Pingit Band when it expires, it needs no battery and I can decide if it’s not for me and prefer to use my phone or card instead to do so without having to dig out the knife and emulate a scene from Reservoir Dogs or a horror film on myself.

3 Likes

I think the consensus here is that this is a solution looking for a problem, and we’re talking about a community dedicated to discussing cutting edge fintech! So it would be fascinating to know what sort of market you have found for this. How many customers are you aiming for?

4 Likes

Thanks for posting, it’s an incredible idea but not one I would personally want.

I think mainly because I don’t see enough realistic beneficial plus-points over simply using mobile payments via a smartwatch or similar; especially when facing the hurdle of the yuck-factor of needles.

I also don’t like the idea of adding things to my body, but that is a general squeamishness of mine anyway. I would react similarly to needing a pacemaker or hip replacement, so I hope I don’t ever need those! (I also can’t ever imagine getting a tattoo, for similar reasons).

2 Likes

I echo all of the points mentioned above, but would also add that I’m not a fan of the impression given off by all of your ‘recommended professionals’ in the UK being tattoo parlours and piercing shops. Makes it feel much less like a serious, professional and medically-sound implant than if you had recommended a range of local medical practitioners and clinics.

3 Likes

I doubt eg GPs would go anywhere near this. Would their insurance even cover this? Clinics that do elective procedures would probably be prohibitively expensive

Quite right. The list of recommended inserters pretty much positions the gadget well outside the professional arena. Some of the outfits sound scary - though that may just be my sensibilities. Copenhagen Body Extremes, Pain Couture, Dead But Alive etc… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Intriguing marketing strategy…

2 Likes

I’d have thought that vets would be a better option than tattooists or piercing shops. They are, at least, experienced in inserting microchips.

2 Likes

True :hushed:. But how do you market that one? :flushed:

2 Likes

“Get seen to at the same time as your pet, quick and easy.”

Not sure how well that might go down, though!

2 Likes

Yes, so long as the vet doesn’t mix up the two procedures. I certainly wouldn’t want the same op. that my dog had a few years back :scream:

3 Likes

Yikes!

:grimacing:

(Post was too short, but now it isn’t)

At least everyone would know who has had the implant, they’d all be walking around with those lampshade collars on.

Well, I’m completely reassured by this photo on their website…
:grinning:

3 Likes

The OP has specifically asked for feedback on their website. One can only hope they acknowledge these and other comments. :thinking:

1 Like

Another way of looking at that marketing is questioning who the target audience is for this product.

It would appear that most on here when thinking about being implanted with something conjure up images that correlate with a medical setting (i.e. white coats, calmness, sterile clinics, lots of white surfaces).

But if this is being marketed to those who would see this more as a form body modification (like tattoo, piercing), then the marketing is on the money.

White coats and sinister men in rubber gloves aside though - personally, I couldn’t suggest anybody do this without a set of open, accepted and implemented industry-wide standards.

Afterall, we can’t even get smart meters that work with every company. How are we going to work with changing banks, future developments, etc.

2 Likes

I think that’s where this particular audience would expect at least some of these features to apply. This initiative couldn’t look any further from that if it tried.

I mean, I’ve said it before, but the CTO’s portrayal of a character from Hostel or something, must surely be either a misjudgement or deliberately aimed at those who really favour the piercing culture.

Or it’s April 1st…:flushed:

2 Likes

Well, they would expect actual sterile equipment to be used during their ‘modification’, I grant you!

I am not the target audience for this. I am not tatted-up, have only the holes I was born with and have never set of a magnetometer as a result of something inside my body… but I can see who it’s being aimed at.

It’s not for me, but each to their own.

My own ‘objections’, if that’s not so strong a word, to the notion is more around data privacy. I mean, given the way NFC/RFID things work, how do you stop somebody from energising your chip when you pass them and having it sing like a canary? I presume that these things would also be intended to be able to store work/national ID type applications?

1 Like