Revolut banished from all gambling payments in the UK

I hadn’t seen this before.
I’m just surprised it’s taken so long for anyone to really think about clamping down on credit card topups…

https://betdaqhelp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/835/kw/revolut

The irony being that you can just top up Revolut, transfer it to another bank and use another debit card.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if you top up Revolut with a credit card and transfer the money out, you’ll get a message from Revolut customer support, telling you to stop that or they’ll close your account, so it’s not a viable approach. But if you would have spent it on the card they wouldn’t have an issue :man_shrugging:

I think you can still top up Monese with Revolut, so maybe something like that would go under the radar

Yeah you should be able to to that, but I guess it’s more of a hustle…

The block seems to have been lifted for Coral/bwin (maybe all of GVC Holdings?)

Coral:

Great news! Coral is now accepting Revolut cards again.

That means you can go back to making deposits with Revolut as you have in the past.

Of course, if you’ve found another payment method you prefer in the interim, you can continue using that instead. Whatever’s convenient for you.

bwin:

great news! bwin UK is now accepting Revolut cards again.That means you can go back to making deposits with Revolut as you have in the past.

Of course, if you’ve found another payment method you prefer in the interim, you can continue using that instead. Whatever’s convenient for you.

Edit: Betdaq has weighed in on this too with a frankly confusing message

You are receiving this important notification because you are both a resident of the UK and you have previously used a Revolut card to fund your BETDAQ account.

Revolut was blocked as a deposit method on the 22nd of June due to newly defined Gambling Commission regulations which affected all operators with UK customers. Since then Revolut have put measures in place to satisfy the Gambling Commissions requirements.

Accordingly, we are happy to inform you that as of Wednesday the 14th of October, you can now start using your Revolut Card to deposit to BETDAQ once you don’t top-up your Revolut balance using a credit card.

1 Like