Revolut UI Overhaul

2 Likes

How many metal cards have you generated?

I’ve also got this new look, on the latest iOS TestFlight. It’s a bit cleaner and with the general layout now having so much white space, being easier to re-colour, it could even pave the way for a dark mode?
I assume it will be hitting the App Store soon.

Is anyone on Android seeing a change yet?

2 Likes

Three but both of my second Metal cards turned up with marks or not a deeply enough engraved name so I deleted them… couldn’t feel like arguing with support who are reluctant to help unless you can’t actually use the card due to the damage

1 Like

Tbh I’m not a fan of the fact trading is so forward in this UI, Revolut need to wait until their trading feature is decent for this

I would have preferred if they partnered with Freetrade over DriveWealth too, tbh

1 Like

Agree, only being able to trade US stocks is a bit limited.
But then again, at the moment, I’m only playing at it, so more than enough functionality for me.

2 Likes

Agree that Freetrade is a better platform but Revolut isn’t too bad in my opinion.

The US only stocks is a major limitation but I’m OK with that just to play around with. Freetrade is always there for more serious trading and it’s easy to be a customer of both!

1 Like

They hired the co-founder of FreeTrade (who they recently fired) and FreeTrade previously publicly called out Revolut as well.

It’s not happening.

2 Likes

Freetrade is introducing REITs to the ISA soon too :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get those dividends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine (android) has just updated.

Liking the new look :grin:

2 Likes

They’re so close to being the main bank

3 Likes

I don’t use Revolut but my mum has it, the new design is rather nice I have to admit.

2 Likes

Now, if I could just have that sleek black card (business) with my personal account
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Rejected.

Shame, as I really do like that card.
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Ah well, I’ll just have to make do with their new standard card, which tbh is still a pretty good looking card (no embossing)

1 Like

It’s interesting to note that the in-app mock-up of their new standard Visa card completely omits the cardholders’ signature strip, unlike their premium cards which still include it.

3 Likes

Removing the signature strip is allowed now. Since Mastercard and Visa had already decided to end the liability waivers which were in place for validly collected signatures as authentication of the cardholder, it has served no practical purpose.

Perhaps not surprising, then, that they decided to remove the need for the strip shortly after said liability shift.

The first examples of cards without the strip that I can think of are Apple Card (Mastercard) and Bo (Visa).

2 Likes

And N26 (RIP)

3 Likes

I forgot about N26 as my standard card still had it, I think. Was it only the N26 You and Metal cards that didn’t?

1 Like

I was quite late joining the N26 party, but I’m almost certain my (standard) card had no signature strip.

(picture from N26 website)