Starling Business & Multiple PSC's

So i found more than a few bugs in the latest Starling App but something very interesting too.

1st the bugs… all my account info is out date and the app thinks I haven’t finished buinsess account application despite have two business accounts for a long time now.

On the interesting front two new options have appeared. One is “Been invited by email to join an application”

other is that it seems to allow multiple PSC’s now. I just put in a company name that has multiple PSC’s and it allowed me to the next step of account setup.

2 Likes

Funny, I noticed that last night too.

Was moving my business account from a crappy old iPhone to my crappy old Android phone and saw that there was a new option for those invited to have access to the account.

I am hopeful that one day this might be my ticket to being able to bring my business account onto the same device that I have my personal and joint accounts with.

2 Likes

Have you tried the account application for the multi psc to see how far it gets. I don’t have one I can complete an allocation with

I just get a screen that tells me they are not yet able to offer me an account.

Seems fair - I already have one.

What I need is to find some place to be able to invite somebody to the account. That, so far, is missing.

Seems like it should be available though… It’s entirely concevable that a company would employ an accounts (team) that might need access without them having a controlling stake in the company.

I did email about this yesterday as in the ‘new account’ tab it had the business I had that had been dissolved and so I closed the account for and actually asked me if I wanted to finish my application for an account I’d already had and closed!

On the multiple PSC, I was tempted to do my bolshy ‘Get me the manager’ stuff I tend to do with Starling and email Hessie to try find out ahead of time how it will work. The second they go live I need to add my other director at Companies house, then keep fingers crossed the system can cope with adding someone to an existing account. I can quite imagine they’d turn round and say “oh, we haven’t built that functionality yet, you’d need to open a new account”, which after a year with this one would leave me raging.

My partner (in life, not business) is going to do a multi PSC application. I’ve asked her to get screenshots

1 Like

Thanks, this explains why I’m seeing my company twice and an incomplete application

I have multiple directors already but they are all under the 24% threshold which is why I can have an account

I thought this was a just a standard side effect of being in the cutting edge of Fintech :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I think I mentioned before that they sorta said I could do that, but not to purely for this reason; that they weren’t sure if the system would be able to cope when the multiple PSC adding directors that are already there so to speak but not a PSC, and it would be better if possible to hold fire until launch.

It’s good to know yours has been OK so far, I just remember the debacle of all those people not being able to open a personal account after opening a business one and am preparing for the worst :see_no_evil: :joy:

It doesn’t let me get past this screen with a multi PSC

So when you put those details in, you go to this screen and it’s impossibly to close it without force quitting the app :rofl:

There is updated version 0.92.1 in App Store. Maybe they fixed this?