Tandem Current Account & Tandem Membership

New landing page for the Tandem Membership.

Looks like it’s actually a serious thing (and not just a one-off programme, which I was under the impression that fee-charging was for – charge a fee that would be difficult to justify, to gracefully get the user to make the choice to leave if the economics don’t work.).

Current account also on the way. I suspect that the relaunch of the Tandem credit card (with the Tandem Membership) will be alongside the launch of the current account.

1 Like

They’re going to crash and burn

Mid recession and they’re going to be able to convince people to pay what is essentially a maintainence fee when no other bank charges one? Good lck

10 Likes

Tandem is practically on its knees now.

No way I’m spending a penny on a maintenance fee or a membership.

6 Likes

The announced a current account about 18 months ago. I was interested at that point as already had the cashback card.
Now not interested with this membership fee thing.
Get the feeling they’ve shot themselves in the foot.

1 Like

Tandem app redesign just got pushed.

Looks like current account getting closer.

1 Like

Yep, as per my other post, Tandem Membership is now dead.

3 Likes

Have I missed something?
Tandem is closing it’s credit card?
Starting current accounts?

Wouldn’t be surprised if they binned this as well.

3 Likes

Judging by just how inept Tandem’s journey has been since launch, it seems very unlikely that they have the wherewithal to actively consider a current account. They’re much more likely to fade into obscurity…

Indeed, customer service when I needed it was diabolical.

2 Likes

I see what you did there!

1 Like

Current accounts are loss-making and you’d expect that loans (which includes credit cards as a category) is one source of revenue.

Fact that they’re exiting this potentially profitable (in the long-term) business line suggests that they are completely under-performing and are under severe pressure to recover from a potential funding down round.

2 Likes

I’m here all week …:joy:

1 Like