TransferWise Brings Apple Pay to UK

Pretty self explanatory, the beloved green fintech is now borderless and contactless (by mobile wallet)

On the face of it, it sounds like a neat development. It’s been a long time since I used TransferWise - what’s the primary purpose?

Transferwise’s primary purpose is sending transfers across borders (it makes 2 local transfers vs international ones)

now they have a good amount of Local details, PLN, NZD, AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, (they had SEK/NOK too but had to close it off temporarily) so they’re actually looking like a really good optio

But transfers cost them money and they prefer to have people use them to spend and keep in so they can make interchange etc, so they’ve been adding their border less e-money account and Apple Pay and all that jazz

Personally I’ve been put off them by a charge to transfer to external accounts, but I’m sure it’s not much of an issue since I can just Apple Pay any balances to my Revolut now

Would a Revolut account serve the purpose in this case?

For euro and GBP, yes

Otherwise, not really (unless your employer is using Revolut then it may, I think)

1 Like