U.K. Credit Card offering instant notifications

Which credit cards offer this currently?

2 Likes

Tymit and capital one do

1 Like

Tesco Credit Card

1 Like

American Express do.

2 Likes

In addition to the good suggestions already posted, it may be worth knowing that NewDay cards do offer instant SMS notifications.

Not as nice as native system notifications, but they do let you know your card has been used.

1 Like

I have an Amazon card from NewDay and the SMS alerts do work well, apart from some reason with Tesco Pay at Pump I’ve found. Probably something to do with the way they pre-authorise £1 then take days to change it to the right amount.

1 Like

Jaja and Zopa can be added to list of cards that provide app-based (rather than sms) instant notifications.

Jaja probably isn’t taking new customers at the moment, but Zopa is.

2 Likes

HSBC’s does.

1 Like

But not for all it seems unfortunately. They are rolling out very slowly.

1 Like

Does Tymit work if you always want to pay off your bill each month. Seems focused on instalments…

2 Likes

Thanks. Jaja looks ideal. Just hope they open to new users soon…

1 Like

Yes you can choose to pay it off all at once

1 Like

Jaja seem to be struggling at the moment trying to cope with taking on credit card customers from Post Office, Bank of Ireland and AA. It wouldn’t surprise me if its a long time before they take on new customers. So probably best to look elsewhere for now.

1 Like

I have to admit, as far as credit cards go, I’m not at all fussed about instant notifications. I only ever use my credit cards for major purchases anyway and after I’ve made the purchase, I’ll often just freeze my card in App to prevent any possible fraudulent use if my card details have been skimmed without my knowledge.

Aside from my BA Amex, I only ever go for cards with long interest free periods. I haven’t paid a penny in credit card interest for over 2 decades and I’ve purchased thousands of pounds in holidays and appliances over the years.

I’ll be sticking to the likes of Lloyds Platinum, Sainsburys and Barclaycard at 20 months free borrowing.

2 Likes

Get a Curve card then you’ll get an instant notification when you use it to front any debit or credit card.

2 Likes

But should bear in mind loss of section 75 protection if Curve is used with a credit card.

5 Likes