What do you guys think of Metro

I personally really like and hate Metro at the same time, what do you guys think of them?

for a high street bank they are good, but that’s it, nothing special about them that other banks do.

They still require branch visits for somethings, so I don’t really see them very forward thinking. However they are decent enough.

1 Like

It would be nice if they had a presence north of Peterborough

1 Like

But… do the wildlings actually need a bank? :joy:

We’ve got to have somewhere to store our turnips

1 Like

Haha!

It was a game of thrones reference (for those of you who haven’t seen it!)

It doesn’t make sense when everyone else is moving away from branches.

1 Like

I agree. Anyone knows why their share price has gone down so much this year?

Swindon branch isn’t crowded (hasn’t been since the first month of opening was over). Neither is Bath’s, to be fair though they only just opened this year in Swindon (not sure about Bath)

1 Like

Market reaction to provisions for unsecured consumer debt.

1 Like

Strange the metro banks in Reading and Basingstoke are normally quiet.

I was a customer when I lived in London eight years ago. One of the best banks I’ve ever been with, brilliant customer service and the ability to get a card made for you in any branch just because you’d forgotten yours was really useful. Also, fee free foreign transactions which was rare at the time.

Their web interface was poor and I remember to get set up for it back then I had to type my password into an IE6 browser inside a branch. Wasn’t happy with that, but hopefully that has been improved.

After moving to Manchester I closed the account because I could no longer make use of their customer service as there are no branches here.

I quite like Metro, never had any issues and I like that if you use the money machine once a month then they give my little one £5 every 5 months even if I was to put just 1p.

Of course now Metro is secondary to Monzo coz the odd cash payments.

Only in Europe :wink: which is very nice because it respects the idea of the European Union.

If am not mistaken, they initially offered fee-free transactions and withdrawals not only in Europe but worldwide.

2 Likes

No, at the time they were global fee free. When they cut this back to Europe, I had to switch to another bank.

1 Like

That’s a shame, I did ask them via Twitter if they’d consider making it no-fee globally, they however said they have no plans to do this as of current. They said they’d post updates via Twitter though to inform me of any changes.

I also asked about multiple currency accounts, to which they said weren’t coming, however they have foreign currency accounts that don’t come with debit cards :confused: so I can’t really see much of a point for them (except for people with high net worths that would drastically fluctuate with currency rates changing)

I just went into my local branch to pay some loose cash in… every single £2 was rejected by the machine; to the point that some spilt onto the floor.

Upon queueing I was told it’s been set to reject them due to a large number of counterfeits and that she had to check EVERY single one of the £30 worth.

I nearly burst out laughing when she literally picked up each one by hand and pushed by hand on the middle of each one to see" if it moves like a real £2 coin." :rofl:

Still at least they accepted it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes